Federal Records Requests and Litigation

Veteran Esquire Legal Solutions, PLLC, helps Veterans and Advocates obtain the records and evidence needed to successfully prosecute their cases. The firm was founded by a combat Veteran with experience as a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Attorney for a federal government agency. The firm seeks to use this experience to help Veterans and Advocates obtain necessary evidence, while holding the government accountable when it lacks required transparency. If you need a FOIA Attorney for a federal records request or lawsuit, Veteran Esquire Legal Solutions, PLLC, can help.

Veteran Esquire Legal Solutions can help you file FOIA and Privacy Act Requests with federal agencies, appeal adverse determinations at the agency level, and litigate FOIA cases in federal court.

File Federal Records Requests With The Assistance of a FOIA Attorney

Obtaining the appropriate records and evidence is critical to success when pursuing a VA benefits appeal, or any other case. Without the records and evidence, it can be nearly impossible to adequately represent your client, or yourself. One of the biggest hurdles is knowing where to file your request. Another hurdle is drafting a request that is “perfected.” Because of huge backlogs in many federal government records offices, the government often finds procedural errors that it uses as the basis to withhold records, or to delay the production of records. Submitting a perfected request to the correct office is critical in timely obtaining the records you need.

Although there are many templates and guides publicly available to assist you with the filing of a FOIA request, hiring a FOIA Attorney may save you some time and frustration as you navigate the process. Veteran Esquire Legal Solutions, PLLC, can assist you with filing a perfected FOIA request with the correct agency for a low, flat fee. Please contact the firm for more information if you need assistance with filing a request with any federal government agency.

A FOIA Attorney Can Help You Cut the Red Tape if the Government Stonewalls Your Requests

Once you have an exhausted your administrative remedies, you have six years to file suit in an appropriate US District Court if the agency still has not properly responded to your FOIA or Privacy Act request. In many instances, Agencies fail to provide the correct records, or they provide records that are overly redacted. If successful at the court, the plaintiff will not receive a monetary award, but will be provided with the requested records, or a copy of the Records with the appropriate redactions.

If you successfully win your case, attorneys fees often can be paid by the agency pursuant to a provision of the Freedom of Information Act. This means that it is free for you to hire a FOIA attorney to sue the government to obtain your records.

If you are running into a brick wall while attempting to obtain federal records, Veteran Esquire Legal Solutions, PLLC, may be able to help. The firm’s mission is to help Veterans obtain the most cost-effective, quality representation for your particular legal issue. If you need help with obtaining federal records, please contact a veterans law attorney from Veteran Esquire Legal Solutions, PLLC, today.

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 1.33.54 PM

%d bloggers like this: